Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Slugs, Tomatoes, & Doodle Pros

In my ideal reality, I'm one of those people who catches every moment on camera. The person who makes the mundane look spectacular with the press of a camera button. The mom who visually documents every important moment in her daughters' lives. The mom who wears her digital camera in a holster around her waist, ready to pull it out and shoot when the unexpected occurs.
In real reality, I often forget my camera or am too overwhelmed by a situation to remember to grab it from my purse. Or, I have sprint up three flights of stairs to get the camera only to find that the photogenic moment had passed before I was halfway up the first flight.

Lately, though, I've had this urge to take photos of objects or situations that strike me as funny ha ha or funny strange. Maybe these random, disconnected photos have something to do with a situation I'm trying to deal with, maybe they don't. I'm peeling away layers of sadness/madness/confusion and trying sort out a situation that I just can't quite wrap my head around. I'm hoping for the best, but gut instinct tells me things are going to end sadly.
I found this slug on our deck this morning. He got the Morton treatment.

Audrey drew this picture of a volcano/tall mountain. Very detailed!

A woodland critter has found our tomato crop. It goes for the good stuff, too! Big Boys and Beefsteaks!

A cookie-baking disaster. At least they tasted ok.

These are remnants from Audrey's lunch. She picked the PB&J clean!


1 comment: