Monday, May 26, 2014

Where Did I Come From? Life's Big Question is About to be Answered

Where Did I Come From?
Based on some recent conversations and some regular viewing of PBS's Nature series, my recent order of Where Did I Come From? by Peter Mayle (author) and Arthur Robins (illustrator) was perfectly timed. It's only a matter of time before the peeps put 2 + 2 together, if you know what I mean. It won't be long before I'll have some 'splainin' to do.

My mom had this book when my sister and I were kids. I remember the two of us lying on the floor on our stomachs, glued to the pages, giggling at the cartoon-like illustrations of a naked dude and his wife. What I didn't remember until the book arrived and I thumbed through the pages was the level of DETAIL the book offers. Whoa!

I can't share this book with the peeps! Not only will I laugh hysterically during the conversation ( you have to admit that the process typically followed to bring a baby into the world is rather ridiculous when you think about, especially when orally translated), but my peeps have sponges for brains, and I have no doubt that the lurid details will be repeated at the most inappropriate times, resulting from phone calls from disgruntled school officials and parents.

Now, please excuse me while I go giggle and point at the illustrations of the naked people.

By the way, how did you explain where babies come from to your sweet angels? Please share. Please?

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment