As much as I love her lists - they truly are works of art - they make me a little sad because I realize I don't have any "just for fun" goals. Mine are all either professional or parenting-oriented.
So, to go along with my theme for 2015 (FUN), I decided to make a list of things I want to do or learn this year.
Drum roll, please.
- Watch as many Colin Firth movies. (He is my British boyfriend, so I owe it to him to watch his filmography, right?).
- Improve my sewing machine skills. Curtains, anyone? Pillow coverings?
- Become a truffle-making expert. (The decadent sweet treat, NOT the mushroom.)
- Improve my menu planning and freezing skills.
- Experiment with new recipes so we expand our eat-at-home menu.
That's it for now. Trust me, just jotting down those five things was exhausting. It made me realize how infrequently I stop and think about what I truly enjoy. Kind of sad, right?
So, off I go with my little list of learning.
What about you? What do you want to learn about this year?
Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.