Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brrrrr .........


From bitterly cold temps, to snow, rain, and freezing rain, this past week we saw it all. And while I was glad I didn't have to go out in it, the downside was that I was stuck inside with the girls all week long. We went outside Wednesday afternoon for about 20 minutes. It was the girls' first time to play in the snow. They loved it, and I shot some great photos and videos. Yet, I think the time we spent outside was less than than the time it took to get them bundled up in their snowsuits, boots, hats, coats, and mittens, all of which were too big for them. They looked like powder puff versions of the little brother from "A Christmas Story." By Friday pm, I had run out of ideas and felt like I had beat my head on every single wall in the house. I was tired of them, and they were tired of me. But, we made it through. A job interview Friday afternoon and a night out with my girlfriends cheered me up.


I interviewed for a long-term sub position at a school district about 30 minutes from our house. The job is right up my alley: 7th grade reading. I guess I impressed the district folks because they said they would have the principal call me after break to set up a time to meet. The eight-week assignment doesn't start until March, so I have a little bit of time. Although the interviewer mentioned trying to get me in to sub before the assignment starts. We'll see. The girls start part-time at a local Montessori school in mid-January. I don't think it will be a big deal to bump them up to full-time in March. Until then, I'll have to sub on the days the girls are in school. I'm hoping to get a few more applications finished this week. Maybe something closer to home will pop up between now and March. You never know.


Last night, Mark and I watched "A Christmas Story." We had a choice between that movie, "It's A Wonderful Life," or "Miracle on 34th Street." All great ones. I chose the comedy. I sipped some hot wine tea from a recipe one of my Facebook friends offered up; Mark drank Jim Beam Black Label. All in all, just a quiet night. before the chaos of next week sets in.


Today was the coldest day we've had since last January, and the weather isn't looking too great this coming week. Bitterly cold again tomorrow. A tad warmer on Tuesday. At least warm enough to take the girls around in the car, but possible snow Tuesday night. I'm just hoping the weather is clear for Christmas Day travel.


I hate being cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment