Monday, December 15, 2008

Following the Herd

I'm finally taking the time to start a blog. I know, big deal. EVERYONE has a blog. My blog is more of an attempt to ease back into the habit of writing regularly. Once upon a time, I was a habitual writer. But somewhere along the way, I lost the desire. Maybe it was the corporate writing jobs that slowly sipped away my creativity. Maybe it was the occurance of life events that edged writing to the back burner. Who knows? What I do know is that I think about writing all of the time lately, and I've been inspired by a spectrum of people who write professionally (me, in a former life) and for fun (again, me, in a former life). I figured a blog is a good jumping off point. It's a safe bet very few people are going to come across my musings unless I direct them here. Perhaps if I scratch the surface deep enough, I'll uncover that lost passion for language.

Why "Our Little Rodeo?" Well, because over the past two years that's what life has felt like. Two years ago next month, our twin daughters made their grand entrance into the world, and life transformed into a rodeo before my eyes. Sometime my husband and I are the bulls ... most often we are the clowns. It's been a wild ride. I'm sure the peeps, as my husband and I affectionately refer to them, will take center stage here every once in a while. How could they not when they make up my universe?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment