Monday, December 29, 2008

Inspired

I'm writing because a virtual friend of mine just inspired me. She's a real writer. Columnist, blogger, award winner, and novelist as of September 2009. And since the point of this blog is to get back into writing, I thought I should stop procrastinating and, well, write.

Christmas is over. The holidays are done. We all survived, and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. It never is. I would even venture to say the day with the fam was pleasant. That is a step above tolerable. Yesterday, I stripped the house nekkid of all the holiday decorations. Now, I'm not sure what to do. The house looks stark without the snowmen, Santas, fake snow, and plastic greenery. It was almost 60 degrees today. Trivia.

Today I worked on job applications. Did I mention I'm a second-career teacher? I had a fantastic teaching job in PA that I am hoping to replicate here. Since we didn't get back to MO until August, I missed out on the 08-09 hiring season. So, I'm starting early. I've already had one interview for an LTS position starting in March. I'm motivated to get some more apps out to local districts. In staying with the "writing more" theme, I tried to write eye-catching responses to the old standards, "Why do you want to work for this district?" and "Why did you want to become a teacher?" My responses are less formal, more narrative. At the very least, the interviewer might enjoy reading them.

And I'm outta here for now. Time to get on my jammies and read some more of The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. It's the first in a series of Spellman books. The jury is still out. I keep reading it, so there must be something about it I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment