Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Off the Wagon

I must confess ... I've fallen off of the writing wagon and I can't get up. This is only my second post this month, and I haven't done any other writing outside of the blog (unless you count reports for my graduate course, which I do not). I haven't even looked at the fast and furious fifteen-minutes-a-day writing I did last month. What's up with that? What happened to my motivation? My mojo?

I've let life take over again. I often wonder if perhaps I'm not as into writing and being a writer as I thought I was. Maybe I'm trying to force something to be "my thing" that really isn't "my thing" any longer. If that's the case, then I'm scared because I don't have a back up "thing." It just seems to me that if Iwas passionate about writing, then I wouldn't always let life get in the way. It seems to me that I would carve out that writing time if I really wanted it. Maybe it's just not the right time for me to be writing. Then again, if not now, when? Life is such a handy excuse for neglecting something or someone, isn't it?

No pledges to do better. No promises that I'll hop right back up on the wagon with a "Yippee-Ki-Yay" and a "Giddy-up." I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on. Who knows? Maybe this "life" excuse will wind up as my Great American novel ...

No comments:

Post a Comment