Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Are Perfect For This Family

Here is a little slice of what makes my Real Reality so amazing:

The other evening after dinner, I was wiping Ruthie's sweet little hands and sweet little face clean. We had this conversation:

Ruthie: Mommy, you are perfect for this family.
Me: (cue tears): Wow! That was really nice of you to say. What made you think of that?
Ruthie: It was in my heart.

And my heart went pitter-patter.

Not to be outdone by her sister, Audrey followed on Ruthie's heels with this conversation:

Audrey: Mommy, you are smart and beautiful, and the Queen of Everything.
Me: Aw, thanks! That was really nice.

Hugs all around.

I must confess: Audrey (and to some extent, Ruthie) has been trained to tell me that I am smart, beautiful, and the Queen of Everything. But I'll take what I can get when I can get it.

Love those gals.

1 comment: