Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ideal Reality Vs. Real Reality: Garage Sales

I'm not big on garage sales. My friends talk about the fantastico bargains they find, but everytime I venture out, I end up disappointed. In my ideal reality, I find fantastico bargains of my own. In my real reality, I find, well, other people's unwanted junk. But perhaps my luck has changed. My neighborhood had its annual garage sale last weekend, and looky at what I found:

Two kids sleeping bags (rated to 45 degrees F), which I've been looking for. $2 each. Mint condition. A ginormous dump truck for my Ruthie. $1. And a Little Mermaid dress-up costume - with sweet high heels - for my Audrey. $3 (usually $20 at Target). I also picked up an armload of books, which we have been enjoying.

Lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment