Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pillow Power

Our completed tile job, which you can read about here, has me in home improvement mode. I've also been ogling several home decor blogs. Here are a few of my faves:


On my trip to Pier 1 Imports last week, I bought this:

 

Apparently, it's a wine cushion. (WHT?) I thought it was a seat cushion. (Still do). You can't see them in the photos, but the pillow has two braided red, pink, and green ropes popping out of the top (like seat cushion ties. It is a seat cushion). Glass beads tassles adorn the rope ends. The picture isn't that great, but IRL the pillow is cue-tee patootie. I LOVE the colors. I'm calling this my inspiration pillow. It's going play quite prominently in my guest bedroom makeover. Someday.

Yesterday, I bought decorative couch pillows from Gordman's. The store has some great items. I made a mental note to up my visits. Our front room couch went from this:


Hey, grandma! Love those couch pillows!
To this:


How fun are those pillows? Someday soon that lovely lamp shade will go to the outdated lamp shade retirement village. I'd love to replace the white spindles with wrought iron. Sigh. Right now though I have Mark focused on painting the master bath and bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment