Thursday, August 4, 2011

Real Reality Thursday

Happy Thursday, folks! I am writing this before I scoot out the door for Day 4 of my new teaching adventure. So far, things are going well. We are using this week to do some long-term planning. It's an opportunity I haven't had before in previous teaching jobs, and I am enjoying it. I love that we have time to pull together a big picture. Gives me peace of mind. I've met lots of creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic teachers this week. At this point, it's all good. Next week is some professional development, and the kiddos show up on August 15. That's when the true adventure begins. Deep Breath.

One of the many things I'm looking forward to with this job is the reinstatement of the concept of the weekend. When I'm not working, one day seems to blend into the next. Kind of like that movie Groundhog Day. Know what I mean? Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays arejust more days. Starting this week, weekends will begin to hold some meaning and importance for me again. A strange thing to be excited about, huh?

What do you have on tap for today? Whatever it is, remember to keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment