Friday, March 16, 2012

Morose and Melancholy

UGH. What is my problem? It is 82 degrees outside, the sun is shining, and I'm on break from school. I should be basking in the gloriousness that is today. But I'm not. And I don't know why. From the time I stumbled out of bed this morning until now, I've been morose and melancholy. Worse than usual. I didn't want to talk to anybody or see anybody. I just wanted to wallow. Wallow, wallow, wallow. Wallow.

What's a girl who has everything but is still miserable to do? For starters, I invited myself on Mark's motorcycle ride this afternoon. I used to love riding passenger. But with the peeps, it's tough to ride. With the little ladies at school, there really wasn't a reason not to. So, I piled on that pink gear and went for it. Wind in my face, alone with my thoughts, no chance on interaction. Until ... Mark pulled into Ladoga Ridge Winery, a brand new winery just miles from our house. What was he thinking? I told him I didn't want to talk to anybody, see anybody ... I grumbled, I shuffled, I frowned my way to the door, dead set on being miserable and taking everyone else with me. Yeah, I was THAT person today.

And dammit if we didn't have a great time. Get to this place fast! So friendly. So beautiful. And delish wine! We bought a Strawberry Rhubarb and a Norton. I left with a smile on my face. No song in my heart, but at least a smile. I hate it love it that Mark knows what I need more that I do sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment