Thursday, November 29, 2012

Me? Meditate?


Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 
Most Friday mornings you will find me indulging in a yoga class at my local YMCA. I love it! What a fantastic way to challenge my body, stretch my limbs, and relax my mind  ... all without breaking a sweat. That's my kind of exercise, baby! When I stroll out of the gym after class, I feel like I've just enjoyed a one-hour massage. No joke. Love, love, love me some yoga.
 
So when I heard about the Creating Abundance Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge™, hosted by Deepak Chopra, I signed up. I thought I was ready. I envisioned solitude, mindfulness, and the discovery of great inner peace.
 
Um ... take a peek at my e-mail to see how it turned out. 
 
This is a not-so-brilliant screen capture of my folder for the 21-Day Meditation Challenge. If you squint and turn your head slightly to the left, you will be able to see that messages have not been read. I opened the introductory message, but didn't make it past Day 2. And I didn't even meditate those first two days. I clicked and dragged everything into a folder with the intention of starting my meditation practice LATER. You know, LATER, as in when I have more time. And that's the hilarious part because isn't meditation all about slowing down and making time to just BE? Apparently, I am not the meditating kind, as much as I like the idea of it.
 
What I find interesting is that my Ideal Reality (becoming some maven of meditation) really wasn't any better than my Real Reality (I only need my weekly yoga fix to rejuvenate the mind, body, and spirit). Lesson learned? Sometimes what we already have is what we already need.
 
Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.


No comments:

Post a Comment