Friday, December 7, 2012

How I Sort of Attacked The Stack


On January 8, 2012, I published the post, Stack Attack.I suggest you read it first so you will have a clue as to what I'm talking about. As the year winds down, I thought it would fun to see if I conquered or cowered. I'm proud to report that I did well! Check it out!
 
Sanctuary - William Faulkner Update: Read it, loved it, watched the movie again.
 
The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy Update: Read it, loved it, want to read more!
 
Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins Update: Read it, liked it.
 
The Help - Kathryn Stockett Update: Read it, loved it. Even liked the movie!
 
Basic Teachings of the Buddha - Glenn Wallis Update: Didn't even crack it open.
 
Selected Letters of Martha Gelhorn - Caroline Morehead Update: Didn't even crack it open.
 
The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin Update: Didn't reread, BUT I read Happier At Home
 
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens Update: Didn't even crack it open.
 
The Wonders of Solitude - Dale Salwak Update: Didn't even crack it open.
 
Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins Update: Finished it, finished series (see above). I'm 1 billionth on the library list for the Hunger Games DVD.
 
 
 
This isn't to say that I didn't read a ton of other stuff. Jennifer Brown's Perfect Escape, Seth Godin's Poke the Box, Lisa Lutz' Trail of the Spellmans, Anne Lamott's Imperfect Birds and Rebecca Nichols Alonzo's The Devil in Pew 7 are just a few that come to mind. 
 
I still plan on tackling Selected Letters of Martha GelhornI love Martha. Need to read more Martha. But, I also have a super duper giganto reading project lined up for 2013. I'm super excited about it, and I can wait to share it with you by year's end. I alluded to it in my Stack Attack post Can you guess? Can ya? Can ya?
 
Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment