Monday, March 11, 2013

Drop Some of the Bricks: Great Advice on the Eve of My Epic Adventure

Image courtesy of zirconicusso/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
As part of my Project 2013, I just began reading Missing May by Cynthia Rylant. It's a short, simple novel that packs a punch. Rylant say so much while saying so little.
 
Here is one of my favorite quotes from the book so far.
 



Drop some of them bricks you keep haulin around with you. Life just ain't that heavy. - Cletus Underwood to Summer.

Wow. Me to a big ol' capital T. So my mantra as I prepare to depart for a week in Florida with my two little peeps is DROP THE BRICKS.

What about you? Do you need to drop some bricks, or do you just go all Bob Marley, knowing that "every little thing gonna be all right."

Wherever you are, whatever you do ... Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment