Monday, September 22, 2014

Playin' in Playa

Every year, my BFF and her twin sister plan a Girl's Weekend and invite a bunch of their friends. Usually, we hang out in the US. But this year, we headed to Playa del Carmen to celebrate a milestone birthday of their younger sister. We had 11 ladies travel this year. That is a lot of ladies! 

We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Maya, an all-inclusive resort. This was my first time at an all-inclusive, and I would definitely do it again. It was pretty much worry free, and I could use a little more of that!

Here are some trip highlights: 

Viva Wyndham Maya
My view all day Friday. Pure bliss.
Cabana man included. 

Tulum Mayan ruins
The beach at the Mayan ruins in Tulum

Ixmoja pyramaid (138 ft) is the tallest pyramid on the
Yucatan Peninsula.
Ixmoja pyramic coba
I climbed Ixmoja! I am scared of heights! No fear.
Ok, there was a little fear. 
We also went out into the ocean on a catamaran and swam in an underground cenotes (say-no-tays). I loved the catamaran, and the 30-minute trip was perfect. Any longer than that and I would have been bored out of my gourd. As for the cenotes, it was an interesting experience and I'm glad I did it, but it was also a tad creepy. Can't say I'll do that again. 

What interesting adventures have you experienced lately? I have another coming up, but it's much closer to home. Stay tuned!

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep it Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment