Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuning Into Podcasts

piece of paper in manual typewriter says podcasts
For the longest time, I shunned podcasts. I tried a few over the years but could never find one I could really get sink my ears into. I have a tough time with auditory-based stuff, mainly because of the narrator. If they aren't engaging, I just can't do it. I'm super picky about the voices that fill my head space. On top of that quirk, I was technologically deficient. Up until last spring, I drove a 2005 Escape that had a kickin' 6-disc CD changer but no Bluetooth capabilities. Plus, I have an putz commute (15 minutes on a slow traffic day), so I'm not in the car long enough to commit to a Sonic Slush, let alone a droning podcast.

But I upgraded my car last year to a spaceship (feels like it to me, anyway) that talks to me, and one of my girls started her own (short-lived) podcast series, so I decided to give podcasts another listen. Turns out, I kinda sorta like 'em. Here's what's on my list. 

Favorite Podcasts
Dolly Parton's America - so interesting and well done! 
Second Life  - I LOVE THIS!

On My Listen List
Over My Dead Body
Unsolved Murders: The True Crime Stories
MASTERPIECE Studio 

Do you enjoy podcasts? If so, please share your favorites in the comments. I'm always looking for great content. 

Until then ... wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment