Sunday, April 5, 2020

4 Must-Read Enewsletters for Your Inbox

lamp, mug, cactus sitting by computer with envelopes floating overhead
It's been a different few weeks, hasn't it? I'm still processing all the changes that have taken place so quickly. 

I move from feeling OK to feeling overwhelmed, anxious, scared or angry. Sometimes all those feelings happen in a span of a few minutes. And, I'm tired of talking about COVID-19, and thinking about it, hearing about it and writing about it (because of work). 

So, I'm offering a few diversions in the form of four must-read enewsletters. I always look forward to seeing them in my Inbox. They make me laugh, think and learn. I read every single issue of each one. Give them a try!  

The Girlfriend. This weekly newsletter by AARP  (yes, THAT AARP) is a fun little gem. If you are a woman of a certain age (40+), you need this girlfriend in your life. It's like the writers read my mind and know exactly what questions I have or what I'm interested in. 

The Art of Noticing. I wrote about Rob Walker's book here. The newsletter arrives when inspiration strikes Rob, or when his time allows. He describes is as "news and tips and suggestions and inspiration for building your attention muscles, and that's exactly what it does. It's an extension of his book, The Art of Noticing: 131 Ways to Spark Creativity, Find Inspiration, and Discover Joy in the Everyday.

Girls Night In - This sweet, calming newsletter is geared toward Millennials, but anyone who's idea of a good time is cozying up with a good book, or a few close friends and creative ways to relax will fall in love with it. Alisha Ramos found the Girls Night In Club in 2017. With our current situation, staying in has become a necessity instead of a lovely luxury. I admire Alisha for how well she is navigating her readers through this strange twist of fate. 

Ellevest Magazine - This newsletter (they call it a magazine) from Ellevest, a female-owned investing firm, focuses on women and their money. Their advice is timely and easy to read and understand. I'm learning so much about finance. Full disclosure: Earlier this year, I moved my investments to Ellevest. They didn't ask me to promote their newsletter or services. I am just so impressed with this firm and how they communicate, I had to share. 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real (and safe!).




No comments:

Post a Comment