Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Of Marriott's and Monster Jams

Looks like I've been away for a little bit. Just haven't felt inspired. Or witty. I've just been pluggin' along.

Mark and I had a Marriott & Monster Jam-themed Valentine's Day celebration. Through a credit card promotion, I earned a free night's stay at Category 4 Marriott. In KC, a Category 4 means the downtown Marriott. As luck would have it, the Monster Truck Jam was in town (and downtown) Valentine's weekend. I've always wanted to go to a Monster Truck Jam (Bucket List Item), so we ordered up some tickets. It was great fun! My favorite was TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle). I can't wait to go back and take the peeps. I snagged two bottles of Boulevard's Limited Edition , Much Coveted, Chocolate Ale (beer stalking does pay off). We drank a bottle in our hotel room pre-Jam. IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!



Let's see. What else? Both peeps have been sick, but I think they are on the mend. I've applied for a few teaching jobs, and I'm freelancing for one of my previous employers. Oh! And I booked a November cruise for the Bahamas with three friends. We're calling it the 40X4 cruise.

I'll leave you with this random thought: Why are there hearts and flowers on my toilet paper? Do that many people really need pretty poo paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment