Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Books and Blogs

Two books are on  my mind this week.

I just finished The Danger Box by Blue Balliett. It is one of my all-time favorite YA lit books. Charming, thrilling, mysterious, clever. Lovable characters. Well-researched. Blue (very cool name, yes?) is one of my favorite authors. I discovered her through Chasing Vermeer. Then I moved on to The Wright 3, and just devoured The Calder Game. These last three three books follow the adventures of the same three characters. Check them out! I'm on a hunt for more of Blue's writing.

The peeps are loving Emily Gravett's Orange Pear Apple Bear. Actually, I think they just like the picture of the pear bear because he has a big hiney, and the peeps are all about hineys right now. And that's ok. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

Lastly, I am really enjoying Bull E. Vard's KC Beer Blog. If you're into beer, blogs, and/or Kansas City, get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment