Friday, June 17, 2011

Real Reality Thursday Update & Wine

Update on Real Reality Thursdays
1. No bueno on the job. I'm gonna put my shoes on and keep truckin'.

2. Sam's Club: Tried to sneak in the PLUS members doors 8 minutes before the store opened to the general public. (I've gotten away with it before ... ). Super-efficient zombie employee tracked me down and kicked me out.

3. After I was allowed in the store, I bought three bottles of wine un addition to a hineyload of food. 

I like wine. In my ideal reality, I am a wine connoisseur of the most sophisticated heights. In my real reality, I'm a gal who is attracted to fun labels, unique names, and a semi-cheap price. (I had to upgrade from ultra-cheap status after an unfortunate run-in with a $2.99 Manager's Special bottle of Sangria. Note to self: Do not buy wine from a grocery cart. Show some self-respect, woman!).

Here is my curret collection, minus one, which I'll explain in a moment.



From left: Adam Puchta Winery's Berry Black;
Cupcake Vineyards' Merlot, Prosecco, and Malbec; and
Jowler Creek's Traminette.

I'm on a BIG Cupcake Vineyards kick right now. The Adam Puchta came from a trip to Hermann, MO, last October, and Mark picked up the Jowler Creek recently. It's from a local winery in Platte County, MO.

And now for the minus one:

This is a SeaGlass Riesling. I bought it because the bottle is a stunningly beautiful blue color. You know, like sea glass. The website is stunningly beautiful, too. Check it out.

And now for the best part: My wine cabinet.

Highly sophisticated, yes? It sits above the microwave, and as you can tell, it is multifunctional. Not only does it store my wine, but it is big enough to hold two random vases, our used-once-each-year turkey roaster, and two Dora the Explorer lunch bags. Awesome.

I'm in the market for a genuine wine rack, but I can't decide if I want a wall-mounted rack or a standing floor table kind of jobbie. I do know that I do not want a countertop one. For now, this will have to do ...

Enoy the weeknd!

No comments:

Post a Comment