Monday, January 27, 2014

Project 2014: Mark Twain Marathon

Mark Twain
At the beginning of 2013, I embarked on a year-long journey to read all of the children and YA books (171 total) I collected as a middle school English/Language Arts teacher. When I made the decision to leave the classroom, I boxed up the books but couldn’t bear to let them go. Click here to read how that project went.

For 2014, I’ve decided to read (at least attempt to read) our collection of Mark Twain books. We inherited them from my husband’s parents. The hardback set contains 16 books, plus some miscellaneous paperbacks. I’m not sure what is included, but a brief glance tells me I am in for a treat! Quite a Twain variety! Let’s just say I’m super duper excited. Adding to my excitement is the aesthetics of the books. Faded navy blue hard backs, yellowed pages, fragile pages, fragrant with the musty scent that feeds my addiction to old books. 

Keep your eyes open for the Project 2014 tab, appearing soon on my blog. Join in my journey!

How about you? What is your favorite Twain piece?

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep it Real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment