Monday, July 14, 2014

Travel & Leisure; Living Vicariously

Viva Wyndham Maya Cancun
Viva Wyndham Maya, Cancun, Mexico
I love traveling pretty much anywhere. I'm addicted to the adventure of wandering new roads and discovering new experiences. I love challenging myself to step out of my comfort zone. (Read about one of those times here.) I'm fascinated by the cultures, customs, foods, dialects and everyday routines of people who live in different places. The possibilities of an open road make me giddy. I am a road trip junkie, although planes, trains and boats are awesome, too.

But I haven't been able to get my travel fix lately, unless you count the 10-minute round trip from my house to Target. Which I do not. I'm feeling a tad cagey. Stuck. In a rut. And that makes me crazy. And cranky. 

To alleviate some of my restlessness, I've been trolling Travel + Leisure's website, travelandleisure.com. The blog, appropriately named Carry On, is a bite size bit of travel yum. I'm going to subscribe to the hard copy so I can drool on the pages and live vicariously through the travel writers who get to go and do. 

Living vicariously will have to do for now because life demands it. I do have a trip planned to Cancun in September that I'm really looking forward to. The pic above is of Viva Wyndham Maya, the resort where I'll be staying. I've never been, so I'm super duper excited, especially because I'm going with some fun friends.

How about you? Is there something you love to do but have to live vicariously through someone or something? Please share.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real

P.S.  I also drool over the Viking cruise ads on PBS. Check with me in 15 years because that's my timeline for hopping on one of those pleasure rides. Footloose and kid free.

No comments:

Post a Comment