Monday, July 7, 2014

Am I Ready for Hillary?

Ready for Hillary Super PAC
Ready for Hillary
 A couple of weeks back, Hillary Clinton stopped in KC on her Hard Choices book tour. For $40, I got a signed copy of the book, an hour of intelligent and engaging conversation and some time with me, myself and I (bonus!). 

The funny things is, I almost didn't bother with buying a ticket, even though I find HC one of the most fascinating women of my lifetime. Then, my husband pointed out that she could possibly be the next President of the United States. Sold. 

Attending that talk was one of the most exciting adventures I've had in awhile. People of all ages, genders and backgrounds lined the sidewalk outside of The Midland Theatre. A gaggle of  protesters lined the opposite sidewalk. I don't think I've ever been that close to protesters. It was scary, yet exhilarating! And funny. As in, hilarious.

Hillary Clinton protesters
Funny protesters
There is no doubt that HC is intelligent, sharp, wise and a genuine supporter of rights for women and girls around the world. She's also funny. More so than I expected. I can certainly see her as our president. 
But am I ready for Hillary? I don't know. Experiencing a female president in my lifetime would be PHENOMENAL. But it needs to be the right woman, not just a woman. 

I do know one thing: I am ready to educate myself about this possible candidate as well as any other candidates that throw their hats in the ring. 

And that's about as political as I'll get in this space. 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment