Monday, September 29, 2014

You Must Be New Here: My Adventure in Going Back to Work

Willy Wonka Meme
Willy is one of my all-time faves.
In last week's post, I hinted about an upcoming adventure. Well, that adventure is in full swing! Last Monday, I started a new job as the content development coordinator at an area hospital. Not as awesome as Mexico, but still awesome in my world. 

The whole thing happened pretty quickly. In fact, my head is still spinning. I decided over the summer that I would start poking around the job market. I knew I wanted something close to home and that I wanted to work for a community-oriented company I also wanted to transition to marketing. 

I revamped my resume with the help of a friend/mentor and sent it out into the universe. Actually, I sent it to just three places. I expected no bites. At the very least, I thought I'd brush up on my interview skills. Very high expectations, yes? 

The hospital called me almost immediately. Two interviews and a writing assessment later and BAM! I had me a job that met all of my criteria and a nice salary! Ideal Reality Meets Real Reality! In my world, that translates to "meant to be." 

My first week went well, and I think I'm going to like the position and my co-workers. What this means for my blog and my freelancing, only time will tell. I think this job is going to keep me hopping, which I love. 

What about you? Any new adventures or job stories to share? I'd love to hear them! 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real!






No comments:

Post a Comment