Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Three Words for 2016 & a Theme

In 2015, I decided not to make resolutions. Instead, I skipped along behind a newer bandwagon and carefully selected three words and a theme to focus my year. You can read all about that here. I think I did OK trying to live by those words.

So, I'm at it again. This year, I'm going for: 1) Family 2) Friends 3) Peace. Any my theme? Self-esteem

FAMILY. I want to focus on appreciating who I have. I feel crazy blessed and fortunate to have our little family, and they need to know it Beyond my immediate family, I've finally realized that sometimes the definition of "family" needs to change. Maybe it expands to let unexpected people in; maybe it contracts to let other people out. I'll be working on that this year, too.

FRIENDS. I spent quite a bit of time lately thinking about family and friends and how people in those two groups treat me. I am blessed to have friends in my life who support me, love me and like me because of who I am, not in spite it. I want to continue building and strengthening those bonds because many days they are stronger than my family bonds (with the exception of the sweet peeps and Mark, of course).

PEACE. I've been angry for a really long time about things I can't control or that don't matter. I anger easily, and I hate it. I am in control, and I'm done. I'm tired. I'm looking forward to a year of letting go and living better. 

That leads us to my theme: Self-esteem (I made a little rhyme!). My self-esteem used to be sky high, but somewhere along the way, I lost my footing This year, I'm determined to put myself back on the high road by focusing on my positive traits and unraveling the negative tapes in my head. 

What are your three words? Your theme? Will you share? 

Thanks for reading! Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real!

No comments:

Post a Comment