Thursday, January 4, 2018

18 in '18

girl sitting on 2018 reading a book
Happy New Year! Yep, long time, no write. Ah, life. 

Life's been good. No complaints. Just dropped out of site for a stretch. 

Like so many people, with the start of the New Year, I'm looking for something, well, new. Different. Challenging. 

That's why I jumped on Gretchen Rubin's 18 in 2018 bandwagon. It's a list of 18 projects, dreams and curiosities I want to tackle this year. 

When I put pen to paper (God, I love me some good old fashioned pen and paper action), I expected it to take a while to come up with 18 things for my list. But, the ideas started flowing, and it took no time at all. Apparently, there's more going on in my noggin than I realized! In fact, in true overachiever fashion, I initially cranked out 25 goals. 

I've read that pushing your goals out into the world makes you more likely to achieve them, or at least make steady progress. So, here goes!

Mari's 18 for 2018


1. Play all the games and put together all the puzzles in our game closet at least once.
2. Make all the craft kits and science projects in the game closet. 
3. Try kayaking.
4. Watch The Godfather Trilogy. It comes on on Netflix this month. I would prefer to read the books (I hear they are so, so good), but movies will have to on this one.
5. Blog at least once every two weeks.
6. Meal plan for at least one week each month using at least one new recipe. I got a Lidia's cookbook for Christmas!
7. Do a latch hook project. I was obsessed with these when I was 10-11 years old. I am super excited to give this a whirl.
8. Refinish the coffee table-turned-bench that I bought for $7 at Savers last year.
9. Restain the entryway woodwork.
10. Read at least 18 books.
11. Find a  financial planner.
12. Get our estate in order. 
13. Practice mindfulness with my eating, which includes tracking my sweets. 
14. Connect more often with people I admire, enjoy and like being around.
15. Have more outdoor adventures. Go hiking at least once a month when the weather gets warmer, plus camp at least three time this spring/summer/fall.
16. Upgrade our camping gear.
17. Refrain from climbing into bed before 9 p.m. at least three days a week.
18. Teach the peeps a few more cooking skills. 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing  ... Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment