Saturday, September 18, 2021

Where Do You Want To Go? Everywhere

vintage map of the world

In my previous  post, I shared I had just finished reading
 the adult novel The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie and that three scenes really stuck in my my mind after closing the book for the last time. 

Scene No. 1: The concept of metaphorical boners 

Scene No. 2 touched on my ideal reality of seeing the world. In the book, Junior (Arnold), and his kind of girlfriend Penelope about dreams and how everyone in her town had small dreams.

Junior: "What do you want to do?" 

Penelope: "I want to leave here as soon as I can. I think I was born with a suitcase."

Junior: "Where do you want to go?"

Penelope: "Everywhere. I want to walk on the Great Wall of China. I want to walk to the top of pyramids in Egypt. I wan to swim in every ocean. I want to climb Mount Everest. I want to go on an African safari. I want to ride a dogsled in Antarctica. I want all of it. Every single piece of everything."

Same. And I have no idea how to make it happen. I have felt so stuck for so long. Not unhappy. Just stuck. 

What about you? What's your ideal reality? 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment