Tuesday, December 7, 2021

At Present

Finally made it back to my space. Since I Iast dropped in, I made a life move. After thinking and daydreaming and researching about my next career move for nearly THREE YEARS, I made a change. I quit my job last Friday, and I start a new one this Thursday! A little bump in title, a bigger bump in pay, an opportunity to engage my brain in a new industry ... personal insurance. I'm excited about my new adventure and this much needed change! I still can't quite believe I took the leap. But I know in my bones it was time. So. Burnt. Out.

What else? Thanksgiving has come and gone. We revived our TG tradition after skipping last year because of COVID. The Friday after TG, we headed to Crown Center for dinner at Lidia's, the Mayor's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, a tour of Union Station's holiday lights and a night at the Westin.

I didn't miss my dad, who died in January. I thought of him briefly, and I spent time feeling guilty for not missing him. I spent time wishing our relationship could have been closer so I would miss him more (my ideal reality), but I know that was not possible (my real reality). I have to be OK with that, take a breath and move on. That's what's on my mind right now as I type. 

That's me at present.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment