Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Stay Curious

 

book cover for the art of noticing
I've been a fan of Rob Walker and his book and newsletter The Art of Noticing for a few years. Such incredible, fun and interesting food for thoughts comes out of Rob's brain. 

Check out my previous posts:


One of Rob's recent newsletters, Committing Acts of Curiosity, really stuck with me. He shared the joyful video Stand Here for Dance Party by Improv Everywhere. It's a beautiful and fun example why being curious is a trait that should be practiced, cultivated and encouraged.

On our recent trip to Denver, CO, we ate at My Brother's Bar, an unexpected gem. Great food, good vibe. On the sidewalk outside the door, there was a decal encouraging passersby to scan the QR code to find out "what happened at My Brother's Bar." I was treated to a short audio clip sharing fun history about the bar. My family thought I was crazy for scanning something on the sidewalk. :) 

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ...  Keep It Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment