Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Blue Peanut M&M and the Hot Car

blue peanut M&M
Troublemaker
On two of our past three road trips (Michigan and Breckenridge/Denver), I've lost a M&M in the car while we were driving home. Not a huge deal to anyone in the world except my husband. 

He keeps the inside and outside of our cars clean. It's a symbol of his love language, and I love him for it. 

The thought of an M&M rolling around inside a black car in the August heart, or worse, melting into  goo in some crevice makes him insane. He doesn't trust that I'll find it at the next stop or when we get home. 

The first time, it was a green plain M&M, and he couldn't handle it. We had to pull over at the next gas station and look for it. It didn't help that he was stressed from work, and I painted a verbal visual of the melting process (the car was pretty new at the time). The description made him really made. We found it, intact, not melted. In fact, one of the girls popped it her mouth with an exuberant, "Yum!" That about put the poor guy over the edge. The green M&M incident became a family joke (more to me and the girls than to him.)

Then, it happened again. This time, it was a blue peanut M&M. I searched and searched at the next stop, but no luck. I searched again when I got home and almost gave up. As a last ditch effort, I lifted a floor mat, and there the little guy was, intact, not melted. I lovingly brought it inside, snapped the pic above and sent it to my husband as proof that all was right in the world (at least in terms of melting M&Ms in hot cars.)

That's what love is ...

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... Keep It Real.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment