Monday, January 6, 2014

Thou Shalt Get Your Butt in Gear: My Personal Commandments and Goals for 2014

Personal Commandments and Goals 2014

When I read Gretchen Rubin's book The Happiness Project for the first time, I loved it for the simple reason that it made me think. Not just about my happiness, but about  my short- and long-term goals and about who I wanted to be. I wrote a series of blog posts around those concepts. Check out the links below. 

One of the posts involved creating a personal set of commandments. I recently reviewed those commandments and decided to stick with them for 2014. While I've made progress in each area, there is also much work to be done. I've also added two new ones*. 

Be Mari.
Be a joy.*
Do it now.
No fear.
Let it go.
Cultivate your swagger.
Listen with both ears.
It's not always about you (aka Don't take it personally).
Do your best always.
Recognize and appreciate love languages.
Cut yourself - and others - some slack.
Say YES.*

I've also created some goals for the new year. I won't call them resolutions because that will ensure my failure. These are just some things I'd like to accomplish in the coming months. 

Spend more time in my reading nook.
Boost my digital media skills.
Crack at least two new publications through article pitches. 
Build a website.
Explore viable opportunities for my beta reading services.
Cultivate the new relationships that sprouted in 2013, both professionally and personally.

HAPPINESS BLOG POSTS


Wherever your are, whatever you're doing ... Keep it Real!

No comments:

Post a Comment