|Andie MacDowell at our Club W event.|
The interview lasted just a minutes, as I was the first of several people who wanted some of her time before she spoke at our event. But in those few moments, and in the talk she presented to the crowd, Andie reminded me just how important positive self-esteem is to living a good, healthy life.
Here are a few gems Andie imparted that evening. Which ones are your favorites? I like 3, 5 and 13.
- How you feel about yourself creates the life you lead.
- Self-esteem gives you good energy to make good choices about what you eat.
- In life, we get all kinds of messages. Be careful with the messages you keep inside your soul. They make a difference in how you live your life.
- Hold all your goodness inside of you.
- What really matters is what you think and feel about yourself.
- How do you stand up for yourself?
- I’m not losing my beauty. My beauty is just different than from when I was younger.
- Healthy is beautiful. Everything looks good when it is healthy.
- Think about your self-worth and value. What does beauty mean to you?
- It’s all in how much effort you put into it, how hard you try to take care of yourself and what messages you feed yourself.
- What makes you happy?
- Choose to focus on the good memories.
- Beauty is an action. You have to be a beautiful person to be a beautiful person.